Play Video Reel Namtok Bua Tong-Nam Phu Chet Si National Park
Namtok Bua Tong-Nam Phu Chet Si National Park, also known as the Sticky Waterfall and Emerald Pool National Park, is a stunning natural attraction located in the Phitsanulok province of Thailand. Here's some information to enhance your visit:
1. Marvel at the Sticky Waterfall: The highlight of the national park is the unique Bua Tong Waterfall, famous for its sticky limestone rocks. Unlike traditional waterfalls, you can climb and walk on the rocks without slipping. It's a surreal experience, and you can take refreshing dips in the crystal-clear pools as you ascend the waterfall.
2. Enjoy the Emerald Pool: Besides the Sticky Waterfall, the national park is also home to the Nam Phu Chet Si, or Emerald Pool. This picturesque pool is renowned for its vivid turquoise color, created by the mineral-rich water. Take a relaxing swim or simply soak in the beauty of the surroundings.
3. Nature Trails and Hiking: Namtok Bua Tong-Nam Phu Chet Si National Park offers several nature trails and hiking routes, allowing you to explore the diverse flora and fauna of the area. Follow the marked trails and immerse yourself in the lush tropical rainforest. Don't forget to carry water, insect repellent, and comfortable footwear for your trek.
4. Wildlife Spotting: The national park is home to a variety of wildlife species, including birds, reptiles, and mammals. Keep your eyes peeled for colorful birds, such as hornbills, as well as monkeys and other small mammals. Remember to observe wildlife from a safe distance and respect their natural habitat.
5. Picnic Areas and Facilities: The national park provides designated picnic areas where you can relax and enjoy a meal surrounded by nature. Some areas may have basic facilities like restrooms and food stalls. Pack a picnic basket or grab some local snacks to enjoy during your visit.
Tips and Advice:
- Visit Early: To avoid crowds and make the most of your experience, consider visiting Namtok Bua Tong-Nam Phu Chet Si National Park early in the morning. This will allow you to explore the attractions with more peace and tranquility.
- Wear Suitable Footwear: As you'll be walking on the sticky rocks of the waterfall, it's recommended to wear sturdy water shoes or non-slip footwear. This will ensure a better grip and prevent any accidents while climbing.
- Respect the Environment: Help preserve the natural beauty of the national park by disposing of trash properly and refraining from any activities that may harm the environment. Leave only footprints and take only memories.
- Stay Hydrated: The tropical climate in Thailand can be quite hot and humid. Make sure to carry an adequate supply of water to stay hydrated throughout your visit.
- Follow Safety Instructions: Pay attention to any safety signs and instructions provided by the park authorities. Be cautious while climbing the waterfall, especially on wet or slippery surfaces.
Visiting Namtok Bua Tong-Nam Phu Chet Si National Park offers a unique opportunity to explore the captivating Sticky Waterfall and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the Emerald Pool. By following these tips and advice, you can make the most of your visit and have a memorable experience in this stunning national park.