Roppongi Hills Mori Tower is a prominent landmark and a popular attraction in Tokyo, Japan. Located in the Roppongi district of Minato ward, it is a modern skyscraper that stands at a height of 238 meters (781 feet) and offers breathtaking views of the city.
Opened in 2003, Roppongi Hills Mori Tower was designed by renowned architect Minoru Mori. The tower is part of the larger Roppongi Hills complex, which includes offices, shops, restaurants, residences, a museum, and an observation deck.
Attractions and Facilities:
One of the main highlights of Roppongi Hills Mori Tower is the Tokyo City View observation deck, located on the 52nd floor. From here, visitors can enjoy panoramic views of Tokyo's skyline, including iconic landmarks such as Tokyo Tower and Tokyo Skytree. On clear days, Mount Fuji can also be seen in the distance.
Adjacent to the observation deck is the Mori Art Museum, which showcases contemporary art exhibitions from both Japanese and international artists. The museum often hosts special exhibitions, making it a must-visit for art enthusiasts.
Tips for Visitors:
1. Opening Hours: Roppongi Hills Mori Tower is open daily from 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM, with the last admission at 10:30 PM. However, it is recommended to check the official website for any updates or changes in operating hours.
2. Admission Fees: The entrance fee to the Tokyo City View observation deck is around 2,000 yen for adults. Additional fees may apply if you also wish to visit the Mori Art Museum. It is advisable to purchase a combination ticket if you plan to visit both attractions.
3. Time your Visit: To fully appreciate the views from the observation deck, consider visiting during sunset or in the evening when the city lights illuminate Tokyo's skyline. However, do keep in mind that this can be a popular time, so there may be crowds.
4. Plan for Other Activities: Roppongi Hills is a vibrant area with plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. Take some time to explore the surrounding neighborhood and experience the lively atmosphere.
5. Accessibility: Roppongi Hills Mori Tower is easily accessible by public transportation. The closest subway station is Roppongi Station (Hibiya Line and Oedo Line). From there, it is just a short walk to the tower.
Roppongi Hills Mori Tower offers a unique perspective of Tokyo and is a must-visit destination for anyone looking to enjoy stunning views of the city's skyline and immerse themselves in contemporary art.